Monday 4 November 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Bras and Laura Bush.
The Strange Woman, directed by Edgar Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Josephine Terry's Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 4 November 1946 ?
- Michel Bras: French chef.
- Laura Bush: American First Lady, the wife of George W. Bush, who was inaugurated as a U.S.
- Bernard Lemaire: French senior official who died on 6 March 2009.
- Robert Mapplethorpe: American contemporary photographer whose prints began at a price of $5,000 while sittings started at $10,000.
- Jug Suraiya: Indian journalist, author and columnist.
- Frederick Elmes: American cinematographer
- Park Avenue opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 72 performances
- UN Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization formed
- UNESCO established as a specialized agency of the United Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- The Old Lamp-Lighter - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Put that Kiss Back Where You Found It - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- This is Always - Harry James & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?