Tuesday 6 May 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ben Masters in Corvalis and Richard "Dick" Fosbury.
Born to Kill, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Kraft Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1947 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Ben Masters in Corvalis: Oregon, USA; actor (Vic - Another World, Making Mr Right).
- Richard "Dick" Fosbury: Portland, Oregon -- High jumper (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Sandra Fisher: Painter.
- Dennis Cowan in London: England; rocker (Bonzo Dog Band).
- Alan Dale: American singer (Born 1925).
- Kit Martin: English architect and author
- Martha Nussbaum: American philosopher and author
- Ljubomir Vračarević: Serbian martial artist founded Real Aikido (d. 2013)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 May 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?