Thursday May 4, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 4, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rory McIlroy and Rory Mcllroy.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Like A Prayer by Madonna.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
See No Evil, Hear No Evil, directed by Arthur Hiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Cat'S Eye by Margaret Atwood was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Breed or Gazza's Superstar Soccer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 May 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 4 May 1989 ?
- Star Wars day, "May the 4th be with you" pun on "May the force be with you"
- Republic of China - Literary Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- International Firefighters' Day.
- Saint Ladislaus of Gielnow
- People's Republic of China - Youth Day (???, commemorating May Fourth Movement).
- Blessed Catherine of Park
- Saint Judas Cyriacus
- Saint Florian
- Saint Godehard
- Saint Monica of Hippo (d. 387)
- Saint Ethelred
- Saint Silvianus
- Saint Titianus
- Saint Willerik
- Saint John Houghton, Saint Robert Lawrence, Saint Augustine Webster, Saint Richard Reynolds, and Saint John Hale; all put to death in 1535.
- Saint Malou
- The Netherlands - Remembrance of the Dead.
- Rory McIlroy: Northern Irish golfer.
- Rory Mcllroy
- James van Riemsdyk: American ice hockey player.
- Cameron Jones
- Henna Lindholm: Finnish figure skater.
- US launches Magellan to Venus.
- US space shuttle STS-30 launched.
- Junior Felix of Toronto Blue Jays becomes 53rd to hit homerun on first at bat.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Skyy - Start Of A Romance
- Guy - I Like
- Karyn White - Love Saw It
- Alyson Williams - Sleep Talk
- Boy George - Don't Take My Mind On A Trip
- Tone-Loc - Funky Cold Medina
- Tribute (Right On) - The Pasadenas
- Al B. Sure! - If I'm Not Your Lover
- Heaven Help Me - Deon Estus With George Michael
Top #10 Latin songs
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- Vete Con Ella - Lucerito
- ES EL AMOR QUE LLEGA - Ana Gabriel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?