Friday May 5, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 5, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Brown and Agnes Knochenhauer.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Like A Prayer by Madonna.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
See No Evil, Hear No Evil, directed by Arthur Hiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Shark or Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1989 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Chris Brown: American recording artist, dancer, and actor.
- Rory McIlroy: Athlete.
- Agnes Knochenhauer: Swedish curler.
- Raai Laxmi: Indian actress.
- Larissa Wilson: English actress.
- Mike Tyson gets 2nd speeding ticket for drag racing in Albany, New York
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Skyy - Start Of A Romance
- Guy - I Like
- Karyn White - Love Saw It
- Alyson Williams - Sleep Talk
- Boy George - Don't Take My Mind On A Trip
- Tone-Loc - Funky Cold Medina
- Tribute (Right On) - The Pasadenas
- Al B. Sure! - If I'm Not Your Lover
- Heaven Help Me - Deon Estus With George Michael
Top #10 Latin songs
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- Vete Con Ella - Lucerito
- ES EL AMOR QUE LLEGA - Ana Gabriel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?