Sunday May 14, 1989
US date format: 5/14/1989, UK date format: 14/5/1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 14, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Rob Gronkowski and Kristina Maria.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to I'll Be There For You by Bon Jovi.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Do the Right Thing, directed by Spike Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Billy Bathgate by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 688 Attack Sub or The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 14, 1989?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- See more
- Final TV episode of Family Ties airs
- Moonlighting, TV Crime Drama last airs on ABC
- Cindy Rarick wins LPGA Chrysler-Plymouth Golf Classic.
- Mary Lalopoulou: Greek actress (Born 1926).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 14, 1989?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 14If May 14, 1989 is your birthday you're 31 years, 4 months, 12 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 18 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?