Sunday May 14, 1989US date format: 5/14/1989, UK date format: 14/5/1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 14, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rob Gronkowski and Kristina Maria.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to I'll Be There For You by Bon Jovi.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Do the Right Thing, directed by Spike Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Billy Bathgate by E. L. Doctorow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Burning Force or ElectroCop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1989!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1989 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Rob Gronkowski: Football Player.
- Kristina Maria
- Melinda Bam
- Alexandra Park (actress)
- Alexandra Park: TV Actress.
- Alina Talay: Belarusian hurdler.
- Mary Lalopoulou: Greek actress (Born 1926).
- 1st time since 1948 a player hit 6 consecutive doubles (Kirby Puckett)
- 1st Tour de Trump bicycle race run (Atlanta)
- Final TV episode of Family Ties airs
- Moonlighting, TV Crime Drama last airs on ABC
- Cindy Rarick wins LPGA Chrysler-Plymouth Golf Classic.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Skyy - Start Of A Romance
- Guy - I Like
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Al B. Sure! - If I'm Not Your Lover
- Boy George - Don't Take My Mind On A Trip
- Heaven Help Me - Deon Estus With George Michael
- E.U. - Buck Wild
- Tone-Loc - Funky Cold Medina
- Grady Harrell - Sticks And Stones
- The Pasadenas - Tribute (Right On)
Top #10 Latin songs
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- ES EL AMOR QUE LLEGA - Ana Gabriel
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- QUE ESPERABAS DE MI - Rocio Durcal
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?