Wednesday 10 May 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 10, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lindsey Shaw and Cameron Leahy.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to I'll Be There For You by Bon Jovi.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Do the Right Thing, directed by Spike Lee, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fast Forward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Risk: The World Conquest Game or Chip's Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 May 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1989!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1989 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
Famous Birthdays:10 May
- Woody Shaw: American jazz musician (Born 1944).
- FC Barcelona wins 29th Europe Cup II.
- The government of President of Panama Manuel Noriega declares void the result of the May 7 presidential election, which Noriega had lost to Guillermo Endara.
- President Bush orders 1,900 U.S. troops to Panama to protect Americans there.
- The ACT (Australian Capital Territory) Legislative Assembly meets for the first time.
- Mikhail Gorbachev visits China, the first Soviet leader to do so since the 1960s.
- Carlos Menem wins the Argentine presidential election.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Skyy - Start Of A Romance
- Guy - I Like
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Al B. Sure! - If I'm Not Your Lover
- Boy George - Don't Take My Mind On A Trip
- Heaven Help Me - Deon Estus With George Michael
- E.U. - Buck Wild
- Tone-Loc - Funky Cold Medina
- Grady Harrell - Sticks And Stones
- Tribute (Right On) - The Pasadenas
Top #10 Latin songs
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- AMANDOTE Y SONANDOTE - Braulio
- Ya No Puedo Volver Contigo - Marisela
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- ES EL AMOR QUE LLEGA - Ana Gabriel
- Solo Con Un Beso - Ricardo Montaner
- QUE ESPERABAS DE MI - Rocio Durcal
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?