Sunday 28 May 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Forever Your Girl by Paula Abdul.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
No Holds Barred, directed by Thomas J. Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Stranger In Savannah by Eugenia Price was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Absolutely.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing After The War or Face Off!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1989!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1989 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 May
- Delta Burke (Designing Women) weds Gerald McRaney (Major Dad)
- Emerson Fittipaldi wins the Indianapolis 500 with an average speed of 167.581 mph.
- Ayako Okamoto wins LPGA Corning Golf Classic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Bon Jovi - I'll Be There For You
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?