Sunday May 28, 1989
US date format: 5/28/1989, UK date format: 28/5/1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 28, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Denisa Dvorakova .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Forever Your Girl by Paula Abdul.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Dead Poets Society, directed by Peter Weir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tierparkgeschichten.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing H.A.T.E.: Hostile All-Terrain Encounter or Dragon Spirit: The New Legend.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 28, 1989?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- See more
- Delta Burke (Designing Women) weds Gerald McRaney (Major Dad)
- Emerson Fittipaldi wins the Indianapolis 500 with an average speed of 167.581 mph.
- Ayako Okamoto wins LPGA Corning Golf Classic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 28, 1989?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Bon Jovi - I'll Be There For You
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Atlantic Starr - My First Love
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- De La Soul - Me Myself And I
- Grady Harrell - Sticks And Stones
- Deon Estus With George Michael - Heaven Help Me
- Al B. Sure! - If I'm Not Your Lover
- Slick Rick - Children's Story
- Joyce "Fenderella" Irby - Mr. D.J.
- The O'Jays - Have You Had Your Love Today
- Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam - Little Jackie Wants To Be A Star
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 28If May 28, 1989 is your birthday you're 31 years, 4 months, 3 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 27 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on May 28, 1989?
On May 28, 1989 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is May 28, 1989?
On May 28, 1989 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on May 28, 1989?
On May 28, 1989 the US President was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on May 28, 1989?
On May 28, 1989 the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on May 28, 1989?
On May 28, 1989 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on May 28, 1989?
On May 28, 1989 several famous people were born including, Denisa Dvorakova.
What was the number one song in May 28, 1989?
The number one song in the week of May 28, 1989 was Forever Your Girl by Paula Abdul in US and Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue in UK.
What were the top hits on May 28, 1989?
The top hits on May 28, 1989 were Forever Your Girl by Paula Abdul, Real Love by Jody Watley, Rock On by Michael Damian in US and Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue, Ferry Cross The Mersey by Christians, Holly Johnson, Paul McCartney, Gerry Marsden & Stock Aitken Waterman, Miss You Like Crazy by Natalie Cole in UK.