Friday 23 November 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 23, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shane Gould and Steve Harvey.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Jagriti, directed by Satyen Bose, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Loving Couple by Virginia Rowans was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wedding Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 November 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 23 November 1956 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Shane Gould: Australian Champion Olympic swimmer, the only person, male or female, to hold every world freestyle record from 100m to 1500m simultaneously, and the only swimmer ever to win three Olympic Gold Medals in world record time.
- Steve Harvey: Actor.
- Michael Brainard in Louisiana: USA; actor (Joey Martin - All My Children).
- Lucien Duc: French homicide; with the help of his wife, he murdered his parents and stole their money.
- Jeanne Cappe: Belgian Author (Tres Grand Cardinal), dies at about 61.
- The Suez Crisis causes petrol rationing in Britain. Motorists panic as petrol rations loom, BBC news
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?