Saturday 17 November 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 17, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre-Mathieu Duhamel and Graham Jones.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to The Green Door by Jim Lowe.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Odongo, directed by John Gilling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while A Certain Smile by Francoise Sagan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wedding Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 November 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1956 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Pierre-Mathieu Duhamel
- Graham Jones: British author and psychologist.
- Jim McGovern: Scottish politician.
- Syracuse fullback Jim Brown, scores NCAA record of 43 pts (vs. Colgate)
- USSR performs atmospheric nuclear test
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?