Tuesday 4 January 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Parrish and Catherina Elisabeth.
Old Heidelberg, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 January 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1916 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Robert Parrish: Film director editor / actor (Casino Royale), dies at 79.
- Catherina Elisabeth: "Tootje" Vreede portrait painter.
- Slim Gaillard: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Slim & Slam) (d. 1991).
- Lionel Newman: American movie music orchestra leader, composer and arranger (Born 1916).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1916 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- When You're in Love with Someone Who is Not in Love with You - Henry Burr & Helen Clark
- I Think We've Got Another Washington (Wilson is His Name) - Peerless Quartet
- Noche Serena (Calm Night) - Emilio DeGogorza
- America, I Love You - Sam Ash
- They Didn't Believe Me - Walter Van Brunt & Gladys Rice