Thursday 6 September 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 6, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Meulenhoff and Alexander Bodon.
Target Practice, directed by Richmond Riedel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 September 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1906!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1906 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Alexander Bodon: Hungarian / Dutch architect (RAI building).
- John Meulenhoff: Dutch publisher.
- Raymond Keane: Denver, Colorado -- Actor (Midnight Sun, Love Eagle).
- Luis Federico Leloir: French-born chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1987).
- Luis Leloir: Argentine physician and biochemist who received the 1970 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
- Carlos Salazr Herrera: Costa Rican writer, sculptor, draftsman, printmaker and journalist.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- College Life - Billy Murray
- Waltz Me Around Again, Willie - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet