Thursday 6 September 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Meulenhoff and Alexander Bodon.
Lika mot lika, directed by Knut Lambert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while Lady Baltimore by Owen Wister was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1906!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1906 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Alexander Bodon: Hungarian / Dutch architect (RAI building).
- John Meulenhoff: Dutch publisher.
- Raymond Keane: Denver, Colorado -- Actor (Midnight Sun, Love Eagle).
- Luis Federico Leloir: French-born chemist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1987).
- Luis Leloir: Argentine physician and biochemist who received the 1970 Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
- Carlos Salazr Herrera: Costa Rican writer, sculptor, draftsman, printmaker and journalist.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Here it Comes Again - Arthur Collins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?