Thursday 25 April 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Digby Fairweather and Vladimir Zhirinovsky [Edelstein].
The Postman Always Rings Twice, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1946 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Digby Fairweather: Jazz trumpeter.
- Vladimir Zhirinovsky [Edelstein]: Russian nationalist / anti-semite.
- Ronnie Gilbert rocker (Lifeline: Harp).
- Talia [Rose Coppola] Shire in Jamaica: New York; actress (Adrian - Rocky, Constanzia Corleone - The Godfather).
- Vladimir Zhirinovsky: Russian politician, a nationalist whose party won nearly a quarter of the vote in the December 1993 elections.
- Talia Shire: American actress
- Peter Sutherland: Irish lawyer and politician Attorney General of Ireland
- Exposition Flyer rammed at Napierville, Illinois, USA killing 48.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Cement Mixer (Put-ti Put-ti) - Alvino Rey & His Orchestra
- Laughing On The Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Dinah Shore
- One-Zy, Two-Zy (I Love You-Zy) - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Laughing on the Outside (Crying On the Inside) - Merry Macs
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?