Saturday 6 September 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 6, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Curtin and Sylvester James.
Les maudits, directed by René Clément, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Walter Compton News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1947 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jane Curtin: American actress and comedienne who gained fame on TV's "Saturday Night Live.
- Jane Curtin in Cambridge: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Saturday Night Live, Allie Lowell - Kate and Allie).
- Sylvester James: American singer (d. 1988).
- Sylvester : American musician, actor, and iconic Gay Disco Star, died of AIDs-related illness on June 12, 1988.
- Bruce Rioch: English footballer and manager.
- Jacob Rubinovitz: Polish-Israeli engineer and academic.
- Paul Guthnick: German astronomer, dies at 76.