Tuesday 7 August 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Herbert H Bateman and Abebe Bikila.
The Mysterious Lady, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Bridge of San Luis by Rey Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1928 ?
- Abebe Bikila: Ethiopian marathon runner (1960, 64 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Herbert H Bateman: (Rep-R-Virginia).
- James Randi: American professional skeptic, a well-known enemy of astrology and of anything in the metaphysical field.
- Betsy Byars: American author and academic.
- Owen Luder: English architect designed Tricorn Centre and Trinity Square.
- Romeo Muller: American actor and screenwriter (d. 1992).
- Herb Reed: American singer (The Platters) (d. 2012).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?