Thursday 16 August 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ann Blyth in Mount Kisko and Ann Blyth.
The Patriot, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1928 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Ann Blyth in Mount Kisko: New York, USA; actress (Kismet, Mildred Pierce).
- Ann Blyth: American singer and actress from 1944 to 1957, at which time she retired.
- Marcel Deneux: French politician, a member of the Senate of France.
- Eydie Gormé: American singer and actress (d. 2013).
- Ara Güler: Turkish photographer and journalist.
- Eddie Kirkland: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2011)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 August 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?