Saturday 4 August 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Udham Singh and Georges Aubrey.
The Mysterious Lady, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1928 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Udham Singh: India -- Field hockey player (1952, 56, 64 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Georges Aubrey: Belgian theatre and film actor, who died on 1 November 1975 in Brussels.
- Lorraine Welsh: American astrologer who was elected to the NCGR board in January 1995 and the journal editor of Boston NCGR's newsletter for many years.
- Christian Goethals: Belgian race car driver (d. 2003).
- Gerard Damiano: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2008).
- Flóra Kádár: Hungarian actress (d. 2002)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?