Wednesday 29 August 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas Stewart in San Saba and Herbert Meier.
Our Dancing Daughters, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Claire Ambler by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1928 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Thomas Stewart in San Saba: Texas, USA; baritone (La Roche Capriccio).
- Herbert Meier: Swiss writer and translator.
- Thomas Stewart: American opera singer, a bass-baritone who specialized in Wagnerian roles.
- Philipps Atger: Anduze Journalist.
- Charles Gray: Bournemouth, England -- Actor (Clay-Rawhide).
- Dick O'Neill: American actor (d. 1998)
- Richard B Haldane: British viscount / lord-chancellor, dies at 72.
- The Club Deportivo Motagua of Honduras is founded.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?