Saturday 25 August 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Perrigault and John ''Kayo'' Dottley.
Our Dancing Daughters, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 August 1928 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- John ''Kayo'' Dottley: American football player.
- Louis Perrigault: France sport Champion.
- : American football player.
- Darrell Johnson: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 2004).
- Karl Korte: American composer and academic.
- Herbert Kroemer: German-American physicist engineer and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Tri-City Rugby Football Union forms consisting of Moose Jaw, Regina andWinnipeg
- Ahmet Zogu proclaims himself ''King Zog I'' of Albania he is crowned September 1.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?