Wednesday 8 August 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Remetter and Ken Scowcroft.
The Mysterious Lady, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Claire Ambler by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1928 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- François Remetter: French soccer player.
- Ken Scowcroft: English insurance magnate / multi-millionaire.
- Simon Diaz: A singer and Grammy Award-winning composer of Venezuelan music, Díaz has performed in theater, motion pictures and television.
- Francois Remetter: France sport Champion.
- Don Burrows: Australian saxophonist clarinet player and flute player.
- Simón Díaz: Venezuelan singer-songwriter (d. 2014).
- Stjepan Radic: Founder / leader (Croatian Boer party).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?