Sunday 19 August 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kitzi Greene and Jacques Antoine.
The Patriot, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Swan Song by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1928 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Kitzi Greene
- Jacques Antoine: French statistician and economist.
- Caty Green: American stage actress who debuted at age 17, under the stage name.
- Norman Brooks: Canadian singer and actor (d. 2006).
- Bernard Levin: English journalist, author, and broadcaster (d. 2004).
- Walter Massey: Canadian actor (d. 2014).
- Stephanos Skouloudis: Greek banker and politician 97th Prime Minister of Greece (d. 1928).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?