Wednesday 7 August 1929US date format: 8/7/1929, UK date format: 7/8/1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 7, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Pilditch and Richard T Schulze.
Say It with Songs, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 August 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1929 ?
- James Pilditch: Designer.
- Richard T Schulze: (Rep-R-Pennsylvania, 1975- ).
- Ruth Carter-Stapleton: Plains, Georgia -- 1st sister / evangelist.
- Don Larsen: pitcher (New York Yankees).
- Charles Ruijs de Beerenbrouck forms Dutch government
- Ruth ties record by hitting grand slams in consecutive games