Friday 10 August 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Fisher and Jimmy Dean in Texas.
The Patriot, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1928!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1928 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Eddie Fisher: American crooner of the 1950's.
- Jimmy Dean in Texas: USA; actor/singer (Jimmy Dean Show, Diamonds are Forever).
- Eddie Fisher in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania; singer ("Oh My Papa", "Lady of Spain").
- Jimmy Dean: American country music singer, television host, actor and businessman.
- Ray Mundt: American executive and CEO in charge of Alco Standard, a paper distributor and office equipment company.
- Alice G0Lde: Corbeil-Essonnes physician.
- Gerino Gerini: Italian race car driver (d. 2013).
- Gus Mercurio: American-born Australian actor (d. 2010).
- Rex Cherryman: American actor (Born 1897).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?