Thursday 7 March 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 7, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Wolf and Michael Chaplin.
Romance of the West, directed by Robert Emmett Tansey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 March 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1946 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Peter Wolf: American musician, a songwriter and the lead singer with the "J.
- Michael Chaplin
- Alain Marty
- John Heard: American actor, with a boyish appearance and personable manner, who won the 1976-77 Theatre World Award for his performance in the 1976 play "Streamers.
- Matthew Fisher: English singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (Procol Harum).
- Martin Kove: Actor.
- Daniel Goleman: American psychologist and author.
- Clive Gillinson: Indian-English cellist and educator.
- David Gilmour: Musician.
- Matthew Fisher in London: England; rock keyboardist (Procol Harum).
- Three to Make Ready opens at Adelphi Theater NYC for 323 performances
- British and American governments jointly announce the total score of enemy submarine kills during the war. Total enemy submarine losses from all causes: 996. Germany lost 781, Italy lost 85, and Japan lost 130.
- The 18th Academy Awards ceremony is held.
- Juho Kusti Paasikivi becomes president of Finland.
- Bolton Wanderers stadium disaster at Burnden Park, Bolton, England, 33 killed and hundreds amongst the injured
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1946 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Jo Stafford - Day by Day
- Shoo-Fly Pie and Apple Pan Dowdy - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra (Vocal June Christy)
- Shoo-Fly Pie And Apple Pan Dowdy - Dinah Shore
- Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief - Les Brown & His Orchestra