Wednesday 7 January 1925, Orthodox Christmas
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 7, 1925). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Gripari and Sam Woodyard.
Smouldering Fires, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 January 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1925!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1925 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Pierre Gripari
- Sam Woodyard
- Gerald Malcolm Durrell: Britain -- Zoologist / writer (Mockery Bird).
- Pietro Pacciani: Italian serial killer called "the Monster of Florence" for his series of horrible murders of tourists (plusieurs couples).
- Louis Carre: Belgium sport Champion.
- Gerald Durrell: Indian-English zookeeper conservationist and author founded Durrell Wildlife Park (d. 1995).
- Musical Big Boy with Al Jolson premieres in New York City
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Lewis James - The Pal That I Loved (Stole the Gal I Loved)
- Somebody Loves Me - Marion Harris
- Rose-Marie - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Tell Me, Dreamy Eyes - Isham Jones & His Orchestra