Monday 12 January 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laurentiu Profeta and Bill Burrud in Hollywood.
As Man Desires, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Little French Girl by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1925!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1925 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Bill Burrud in Hollywood: California, USA; host (Safari to Adventure, Animal World).
- Laurentiu Profeta: Composer.
- Scottie MacGregor: American actress.
- Bodil Udsen: Danish actress (d. 2008).
- Jean Marty: French billiard champion.
- Arnoldo Martinez Verdugo: Mexican socialist politician and democracy activist.
- Georges Perron: French Catholic prelate, ordained a priest on 29 June 1951.
- Gabriel Vanel: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Archbishop who was ordained into the priesthood on June 29, 1949.
- Bill Burrud: American television host producer and actor (d. 1990).
- Katherine MacGregor: American actress and dancer.
- Oskar Brefeld: German botanist, dies at age 85.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Tell Me, Dreamy Eyes - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Lewis James - The Pal That I Loved (Stole the Gal I Loved)
- Somebody Loves Me - Marion Harris
- Rose-Marie - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?