Wednesday 14 January 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yukio Mishima and Jean-Claude Beton.
As Man Desires, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Glorious Apollo by E. Barrington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1925!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1925 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Yukio Mishima: Japanese writer whose prolific output includes novels, short stories, plays and essays.
- Jean-Claude Beton: Algerian-French engineer and businessman founded Orangina (d. 2013).
- Ugo Pecchioli: Italian politician, senator 1972, member of the European council.
- Moscelyne Larkin: American ballerina (d. 2012).
- Louis Quilico: Canadian baritone (Born 1925).
- Willem Devout: self employed (V and Dreesmann), dies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Tell Me, Dreamy Eyes - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Lewis James - The Pal That I Loved (Stole the Gal I Loved)
- Somebody Loves Me - Marion Harris
- Rose-Marie - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?