Sunday 25 January 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kendell Russell and Gordy Soltau.
The Salvation Hunters, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Green Hat by Michael Arlen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1925!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1925 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Kendell Russell: Fort Lesvenworth Military man.
- Gordy Soltau: American football player and sportscaster (d. 2014).
- Giorgos Zampetas: Greek bouzouki player and songwriter (d. 1992).
- Ivan Vucetic: Croatian anthropologist (Born 1858).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- All Alone - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- June Brought the Roses - Nat Shilkret (as The Troubadors)
- Copenhagen - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
- Marion Harris - Tea for Two
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?