Friday 9 January 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Van Cleef and Jean Poperen.
As Man Desires, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Keeper of the Bees by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 January 1925 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Lee Van Cleef: One of the great movie villains, Lee Van Cleef started out as an accountant.
- Jean Poperen
- David Raphaël
- Len Quested: English footballer and manager (d. 2012).
- Abdelhamid Benhadugah: Novelist.
- Robert Barbagelata: American politician, the San Francisco City Supervisor in the 1960s.
- David Raphael: French film executive, the founder of Cambridge Film Group and president of an international creative management film marketing company, 1979.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All Alone - Al Jolson
- Tea for Two - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?