Friday 9 January 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Van Cleef and Jean Poperen.
Smouldering Fires, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1925!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1925 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Lee Van Cleef: One of the great movie villains, Lee Van Cleef started out as an accountant.
- Jean Poperen
- David Raphaël
- Abdelhamid Benhadugah: Novelist.
- Len Quested: English footballer and manager (d. 2012).
- Robert Barbagelata: American politician, the San Francisco City Supervisor in the 1960s.
- David Raphael: French film executive, the founder of Cambridge Film Group and president of an international creative management film marketing company, 1979.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Lewis James - The Pal That I Loved (Stole the Gal I Loved)
- Somebody Loves Me - Marion Harris
- Rose-Marie - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Tell Me, Dreamy Eyes - Isham Jones & His Orchestra