Saturday 17 January 1925
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Duane Hanson and Annie Delorie.
As Man Desires, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Constant Nymph by Margaret Kenned was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1925!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1925 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Duane Hanson: American artist and sculptor, he is known for his realistic life-sized sculptures of ordinary people in real-life situations: in accidents, at work, doing chores, resting and at play.
- Annie Delorie: Dutch opera singer (Scenes & Arias).
- Edgar Ray Killen: American convict, former preacher and K.K.
- Fern Formica: American dwarf singer, dancer and actress (also known as Johnnie Fern or Johnny Fern) who appeared most notably as a Munchkin villager and 'sleepyhead' in the original 1939 The Wizard of Oz movie.
- Robert Cormier: American author, columnist and reporter (Born 1925).
- Abdul Kardar: Pakistani cricketer and author (d. 1996).
- Edgar Killen: American criminal.
- Patricia Owens: Canadian-American actress (d. 2000).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- All Alone - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?