Thursday 7 January 1943, Orthodox ChristmasUS date format: 1/7/1943, UK date format: 7/1/1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 7, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leona Williams and Nicholas Warner.
Shadow of a Doubt, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 January 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1943 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Nicholas Warner: Test Pilot.
- Leona Williams: singer/songwriter ("Ladies Get the Blues").
- Jim Lefebvre in Hawthorne: California, USA; baseball manager (Seattle Mariners).
- Sadako Sasaki: Japanese child victim of the Hiroshima atomic bomb (d. 1955).
- Sir Richard Armstrong: British conductor.
- Richard Armstrong: English organist and conductor.
- Nikola Tesla: Serbian-American inventor and engineer who was a master of electricity at a time when it was changing American life.