Saturday 7 August 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 7, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Boy Wonder, directed by Michael Morrissey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while War by Sebastian Junger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grandma's House.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Deadly Premonition or Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 August 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 7 August 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 August
- Bowers and Merena Auctions conducts an auction in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah announces Monday as the day he will present evidence reputed to implicate Israel in the 2005 car bomb assassination of then Prime Minister of Lebanon Rafiq Hariri. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Israel announces that Benjamin Netanyahu, Ehud Barak and Avigdor Lieberman have chosen Yosef Ciechanover, who formerly held posts in the Foreign Ministry, Defence Ministry and defence mission to the United States, to represent it on the United Nations panel to investigate May's Gaza flotilla raid. (''Haaretz'')
- The MV ''Mavi Marmara'' arrives in Turkey the remaining three non-Turkish flotilla vessels plus the MV ''Rachel Corrie'' cargo ship, which followed days later, remain in Israeli custody. (BBC)
- 10 people, including 2 Afghan civilians and 8 International Assistance Mission aid workers, are killed in Nuristan Province. (Voice of America)
- 14 people die and 35 others are injured in Basra due to an explosion, possibly caused by a power generator. (France24)
- 5 Iraqi policemen are killed in an overnight shootout in western Baghdad, while 1 policeman is killed at a checkpoint outside Fallujah. (AP via ''The Guardian'')
- Hungarian actress Zsa Zsa Gabor, hospitalised after falling in the United States last month, is not released from hospital as had been initially expected due to a negative reaction to her morphine. (BBC)
- The Gulf of Mexico seafood industry starts to reopen after the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. (AP via ''News Times'')
- Pakistan issues a red alert as the worst floods in its history move south towards Sindh, with hundreds of thousands of people being evacuated, at least 10,000 cows killed and Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani appealing on television for help from the international community. (Aljazeera)
- Pollution hits record levels in Moscow as large wildfires continue to devastate Russia. (Aljazeera)
- At least 16 miners are killed during a fire at a gold mine in Zhaoyuan, Shandong, in China. 23 others are still trapped inside. (Xinhua)
- Efforts intensify to rescue at least 34 people trapped in a mine near Copiapó, Chile, in the Atacama Desert. (news.com.au)
- 3 people are killed as a result of storms and flooding in Saxony. (Deutsche Welle)
- An oil spill stretching at least two miles long occurs in the Arabian Sea offshore Mumbai, India, after a vessel from Panama collides with another vessel from St. Kitts. The Panamanian ship was carrying 2,662 tons of oil, 283 tons of diesel and 88,040 liters of lube oil when it became grounded and started to leak. (''Sify'')
- A poll of six countries, taken by the Brookings Institution, an American think tank, indicates that the popularity of the President of the United States Barack Obama has dropped significantly in the Arab World since ampquotA New Beginningampquot. (Press TV)
- President of Colombia Juan Manuel Santos, in his inauguration speech, vows to improve relations with Ecuador and Venezuela. (Xinhua)
- A Turkish court annuls an arrest warrant issued against 102 military officers over an alleged coup plot in 2003. (Aljazeera)
- An appeals court in Iran upholds a five year jail sentence against the owner of Mehdi Karroubi's opposition website. (IOL)
- A man accused by witnesses of domestic violence informs a New Zealand court that he and his wife were performing the Turkish kolbasti traditional dance at the time of the alleged incident in Hawera. (''The Age'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 7 August 2010
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Anderlecht : 0 - 0
- Club Brugge - St Truiden : 4 - 1
- Eupen - Westerlo : 0 - 1
- Lokeren - Kortrijk : 1 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Auxerre - Lorient : 2 - 2
- Lens - Nancy : 1 - 2
- Lyon - Monaco : 0 - 0
- Marseille - Caen : 1 - 2
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Bristol City - Millwall : 0 - 3
- Burnley - Nott'm Forest : 1 - 0
- Coventry - Portsmouth : 2 - 0
- Crystal Palace - Leicester : 3 - 2
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Cowdenbeath - Ross County : 0 - 2
- Dundee - Queen of Sth : 1 - 0
- Falkirk - Dunfermline : 0 - 1
- Morton - Stirling : 0 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The American International Group has begun talks with the federal government over how to finish repaying its $130 billion taxpayer-financed bailout, its chief executive said on Friday. [..]
To protect its recipe, the maker of Thomas’ English muffins has gone to court to prevent an executive from working for a rival. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?