Saturday 7 August 2010US date format: 8/7/2010, UK date format: 7/8/2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 7, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Boy Wonder, directed by Michael Morrissey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Passage by Justin Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grandma's House.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crafting Mama or Blur.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 August 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 7 August 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 August
- Fidel Castro delivers a short speech to the Cuban Parliament to warn about the risk of a nuclear war between the United States and Iran, accusing Barack Obama of provoking conflict with Iran and North Korea and urging him to prevent such a conflict. (Aljazeera) (BBC)
- Saudi Arabia BlackBerry ban:: Saudi Arabia decides it will not ban BlackBerry instant messaging after agreeing a deal to iron out security fears. (The Daily Telegraph)According to Saudi officials, a deal is close to prevent the ban of the devices. (BBC)
- President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and President of Guinea-Bissau Malam Bacai Sanhá meet in Tehran. (Press TV)
- At least 127 people have died and 1,300 missing following landslides caused by heavy rains in China's northwestern Gansu province. (AFP via Google News), (Bloomberg via Business Week)
- Juan Manuel Santos is sworn in office as 59th President of Colombia, succeeding Álvaro Uribe, at a ceremony attended by more than 100 international delegations. (BBC) (Aljazeera) (France24) (The Irish Times) (CNN)
- A poll of six countries, taken by the Brookings Institution, an American think tank, indicates that the popularity of the President of the United States Barack Obama has dropped significantly in the Arab World since "A New Beginning". (The Irish Times) (Asia Times Online) (Press TV)
- 14 people die and 35 others are injured in Basra due to an explosion, possibly caused by a power generator. (BBC) (France24)
- 10 people, including 2 Afghan civilians and 8 International Assistance Mission aid workers, are killed in Nuristan Province. (BBC) (Deutsche Welle) (Voice of America)
- The MV Mavi Marmara arrives in Turkey; the remaining three non-Turkish flotilla vessels plus the MV Rachel Corrie cargo ship, which followed days later, remain in Israeli custody. (Aljazeera) (BBC)
- Israel announces that Benjamin Netanyahu, Ehud Barak and Avigdor Lieberman have chosen Yosef Ciechanover, who formerly held posts in the Foreign Ministry, Defence Ministry and defence mission to the United States, to represent it on the United Nations panel to investigate May's Gaza flotilla raid. (The Jerusalem Post) (Haaretz)
- Bowers and Merena Auctions conducts an auction in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah announces Monday as the day he will present evidence reputed to implicate Israel in the 2005 car bomb assassination of then Prime Minister of Lebanon Rafiq Hariri. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- 5 Iraqi policemen are killed in an overnight shootout in western Baghdad, while 1 policeman is killed at a checkpoint outside Fallujah. (AP via ''The Guardian'')
- Hungarian actress Zsa Zsa Gabor, hospitalised after falling in the United States last month, is not released from hospital as had been initially expected due to a negative reaction to her morphine. (BBC)
- The Gulf of Mexico seafood industry starts to reopen after the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. (AP via ''News Times'')
- Pakistan issues a red alert as the worst floods in its history move south towards Sindh, with hundreds of thousands of people being evacuated, at least 10,000 cows killed and Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani appealing on television for help from the international community. (BBC) (Aljazeera)
- Pollution hits record levels in Moscow as large wildfires continue to devastate Russia. (Aljazeera)
- At least 16 miners are killed during a fire at a gold mine in Zhaoyuan, Shandong, in China. 23 others are still trapped inside. (Aljazeera) (Xinhua)
- Efforts intensify to rescue at least 34 people trapped in a mine near Copiapó, Chile, in the Atacama Desert. (Aljazeera) (Bangkok Post) (People's Daily) (news.com.au)
- 3 people are killed as a result of storms and flooding in Saxony. (Deutsche Welle)
Sport Games on 7 August 2010
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Anderlecht : 0 - 0
- Club Brugge - St Truiden : 4 - 1
- Eupen - Westerlo : 0 - 1
- Lokeren - Kortrijk : 1 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Auxerre - Lorient : 2 - 2
- Lens - Nancy : 1 - 2
- Lyon - Monaco : 0 - 0
- Marseille - Caen : 1 - 2
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Bristol City - Millwall : 0 - 3
- Burnley - Nott'm Forest : 1 - 0
- Coventry - Portsmouth : 2 - 0
- Crystal Palace - Leicester : 3 - 2
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Cowdenbeath - Ross County : 0 - 2
- Dundee - Queen of Sth : 1 - 0
- Falkirk - Dunfermline : 0 - 1
- Morton - Stirling : 0 - 0
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The American International Group has begun talks with the federal government over how to finish repaying its $130 billion taxpayer-financed bailout, its chief executive said on Friday. [..]
To protect its recipe, the maker of Thomas’ English muffins has gone to court to prevent an executive from working for a rival. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?