Thursday 7 July 2011
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 7, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Give Me Everything by Pitbull.
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, directed by Zoya Akhtar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Bossypants by Tina Fey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Home Alabama.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy or Cordy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 July 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 7 July 2011 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 July
- The world's first artificial organ transplant is achieved, using an artificial windpipe coated with stem cells.
- 2011 Syrian uprising: Over a thousand people flee Hama in fear of a government attack by the Syrian Army. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Russia announces plans to send another planeload of humanitarian aid to the Libyan cities of Benghazi and Tripoli. (RIA Novosti)
- NATO bombs Libyan oil facilities for the first time. (''The Independent'')
- 2011 Yemeni uprising: Security forces clash with rebels near the town of Zinjibar with eight dead including one soldier. (Al Jazeera)
- War in Afghanistan: Canada ends mission in Afghanistan and withdraws 2850 troops. (Washington Post)
- Thirty-four people are killed in attacks on buses and houses in Karachi, Pakistan, with a total three-day death toll of 63. (Dawn)
- Japanese automaker Toyota announces plans to fully restore production from the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami in October, one month earlier than previously announced. (''Japan Times'')
- Australia's Civil Aviation Safety Authority applies to extend grounding of Tiger Airways services in Australia to August 1. (BBC)
- NYSE Euronext shareholders approve of the acquisition of that company, parent corporation of the New York Stock Exchange, by Deutsche Boerse AG. The deal still needs to receive the approval of the acquiring firm's shareholders. (Reuters)
- ''News of the World'' phone hacking affair:
- A 7.6 magnitude earthquake occurs off the coast of New Zealand's Kermadec Islands resulting in a tidal surge. (TV New Zealand)
- At least 36 people are trapped underground in a coal mine in China's Shandong Province after a fire breaks out. (AFP via ''Straits Times'')
- At least thirty people are feared dead after a collision between a passenger train and a bus in Uttar Pradesh, India. (''The Times of India'')
- In Enschede the Netherlands part of the roof of the stadium of football club FC Twente ''De Grolsch Veste'' collapses leaving persons dead and a dozen injured. (NOS)
- A heavy storm in the US city of Denver, Colorado, causes localized flooding and causing 10,000 houses to lose power. (''Denver Post'')
- South Korea starts work on a new facility to rehouse refugees from North Korea to avoid both food shortages and political oppression. (Yonhap News)
- Janet Napolitano, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security, rolls out the Obama administration's strategy to curb drug smuggling on the Mexican border. (Reuters via MSNBC)
- A man holds thirty children and teachers hostage in a kindergarten in the city of Muar in Malaysia's Johor state the hostages are all later rescued when police storm the classroom. (Edmonton Sun)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
Top #10 Latin songs
- You - Romeo Santos
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Prometi - Intocable
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Ven Conmigo - Daddy Yankee Featuring Prince Royce
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- Adolescents - Incubus
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- Rip Tide - Sick Puppies
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Chinese investment in American companies amounted to $5 billion in 2010 and is expected to rise; for some smaller companies, it has been a lifeline. [..]
The software can show the tides and weather, offers charts and helps with the accounting of boat ownership. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $42.47
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $107.72
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $91.01
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $36.47
- 1 CHF = 7.6517 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.743 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8808 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.966 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?