Saturday 7 June 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hubert Auriol and Tammy Marihugh.
Pat and Mike, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while Adventures In Two Worlds by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching China Smith.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1952!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1952 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Hubert Auriol: French racing driver (1973-1994) and director of The Paris-Dakar rally (1995-2004).
- Tammy Marihugh: American child actress who was a regular on the "Bob Cummings" TV series and appeared in both "People Are Funny" and "Wagon Train.
- Liam Neeson: Irish actor who rose to prominence with his acclaimed starring role in Steven Spielberg's 1993 Oscar winner Schindler's List.
- Orhan Pamuk: Turkish novelist, whose many awards include the 2006 Novel Prize for Literature.
- Mia Benson: Swedish screenwriter.
- Royce Campbell: American guitarist composer and producer
- 3 Wishes after Jamie closes at Mark Hellinger NYC after 94 performances
- 7th Curtis Cup: British Isles, 5-4
- 84th Belmont: Eddie Arcaro aboard One Count wins in 2:30.2
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Lover - Peggy Lee (Gordon Jenkins Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?