Monday 16 June 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Papandreou and Gino Vanelli.
Clash by Night, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I've Got a Secret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1952!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 June 1952 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- George Papandreou: Greek sociologist and politician 182nd Prime Minister of Greece.
- Gino Vanelli: Montreal, Quebec -- Singer (Living Inside Myself).
- Aleksandr Zaitsev: USSR -- Pairs figure skating (1976, 80 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Rob Kloet: Pop drummer / singer (Nits-In the Dutch Mountains).
- Gino Vannelli: Canadian singer and songwriter.
- Andrew Lawson: Scottish-American geologist, the first to map the entire San Andreas Fault (Born 1861).
- Soviet Fighters shoot Swedish Catalina reconnaissance flight down
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?