Monday 16 June 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aleksandr Zaitsev and Gino Vanelli.
Clash by Night, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I've Got a Secret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1952!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1952 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Aleksandr Zaitsev: USSR -- Pairs figure skating (1976, 80 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Gino Vanelli: Montreal, Quebec -- Singer (Living Inside Myself).
- Rob Kloet: Pop drummer / singer (Nits-In the Dutch Mountains).
- George Papandreou: Greek sociologist and politician 182nd Prime Minister of Greece.
- Gino Vannelli: Canadian singer and songwriter.
- Andrew Lawson: Scottish-American geologist, the first to map the entire San Andreas Fault (Born 1861).
- Soviet Fighters shoot Swedish Catalina reconnaissance flight down
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 June 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?