Friday 14 February 1941, Valentine's DayUS date format: 2/14/1941, UK date format: 14/2/1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 14, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Tsongas and John Butterfill.
The Lady Eve, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 February 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1941!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1941 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Paul Tsongas: American politician, the former Senator...
- John Butterfill: British Member of Parliament.
- Jim Sullivan: Musician.
- Donna Shalala: American educator and government...
- Big Sullivan: English guitarist (d. 2012).
- Cebrie Park in the Bronx renamed Halsey Street
- German Africa Corps lands in Tripoli, Libya.
- 1,000,000th vehicle traverses the New York Midtown Tunnel.
- WWII ampndash Admiral Kichisaburo Nomura begins his duties as Japanese Ambassador to the United States.