Monday 7 May 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 7, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Peter Balkenende and Dominique Lefebvre.
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
The Killing, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Imperial Woman by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lui e lei.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 May 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1956 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Jan Peter Balkenende: Prime Minister of the Netherlands.
- Dominique Lefebvre: French politician, the Socialist deputy of the tenth district of Val-d'Oise, Member of the Finance Committee since June 2012, vice president of the group SRC responsible for finance, mayor of Cergy from 1996 to 2013, and president of the Community Cergy-Pontoise agglomeration since 2001.
- Calum MacDonald: Scottish politician and Member of Parliament, the Labour representative of the Western Isles, returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Ray Fernandez: American wrestler (Born 1957).
- Nicholas Hytner: English director and producer.
- Jean Lapierre: Canadian politician and television host.
- Anne Dudley: English pianist and composer (Art of Noise).
- Jan Balkenende: Dutch jurist and politician Prime Minister of the Netherlands.
- Jan Peter Balkenende: Statesman.
- New York Giants' Bill White homers in his first at bat.
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett.
- Battle at Oran, Algeria, kills 300.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?