Sunday 7 September 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 7, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Sannier and John Kline.
Les maudits, directed by René Clément, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Walter Compton News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1947 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Henri Sannier: French TV host, presenter, and sports journalist, he created the 19/20 on the channel FR3.
- John Kline: Politician.
- Jane Curtin: Actress.
- Warren Zevon: American singer-songwriter (Hindu Love Gods and lyme and cybelle) (d. 2003).
- Battles between Hindus and Moslems in New Delhi