Wednesday 8 August 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 8, 1951). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louis van Gaal and Mohamed Morsi.
The Tall Target, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while My Six Convicts by Donald Powell Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Manhunt.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 1951
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1951 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Louis van Gaal
- Mohamed Morsi: Egyptian politician who served as the fifth President of Egypt, having assumed office on 30 June 2012.
- Mamoru Oshi
- Randy Shilts: American writer, a journalist and the author of a groundbreaking best-seller, "And The Band Played On," 1987, an expose and report on the situation of AIDS in the U.S.
- Martin Brest: Bronx, New York -- Actor (Fast Times at Ridgemont High).
- Mamoru Oshii: Japanese director producer and screenwriter.
- Phil Carlson: Australian cricketer.
- Louis Van Gaal: Dutch football manager who is the current manager of the Dutch national team.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?