Tuesday 8 August 1989
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 8, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shavon Kirksey and Sesil Karatantcheva.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx.
In UK Swing The Mood by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
Uncle Buck, directed by John Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Negotiator by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destiny of an Emperor or F-1 Pilot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1989 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Shavon Kirksey
- Sesil Karatantcheva: Bulgarian-Kazakhstan tennis player.
- Ali Cobrin
- Ken Baumann: TV Actor.
- Aleksandra Szwed: Polish actress and singer.
- US space shuttle STS-28 launched
- Space Shuttle program: STS-28 Mission : Space Shuttle Columbia takes off on a secret five-day military mission.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Batdance (From "Batman") - Prince
- Stephanie Mills - Something In The Way (You Make Me Feel)
- David Peaston - Two Wrongs (Don't Make It Right)
- On Our Own (From "Ghostbusters II") - Bobby Brown
- Kool Moe Dee - They Want Money
- Babyface - It's No Crime
- Vesta - Congratulations
- The Isley Brothers - Spend The Night (Ce Soir)
- It Isn't, It Wasn't, It Ain't Never Gonna Be - Aretha Franklin/Whitney Houston
- Heavy D & The Boyz - We Got Our Own Thang
Top #10 Latin songs
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Emmanuel - Quisiera
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?