Tuesday 1 August 1989
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tiffany (South Korean singer) and Landry Allbright.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Batdance by Prince.
In UK Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Lock Up, directed by John Flynn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Interceptor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing All Dogs Go To Heaven or Famicom Jump: Hero Retsuden.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1989!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 August 1989 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Tiffany (South Korean singer)
- Landry Allbright
- Madison Bumgarner: American baseball player.
- MittyMoxx : YouTube Star.
- Tiffany : Pop Singer.
- Tomoka Kurokawa: Japanese actress.
- Tiffany (Stephanie Hwang): American-born South Korean singer (Girls' Generation).
- Mike Darlington: Entrepreneur.
- John Ogdon: Manchester, England -- Pianist / composer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?