Tuesday August 1, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tiffany (South Korean singer) and Landry Allbright.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Batdance by Prince.
In UK Swing The Mood by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
The Abyss, directed by James Cameron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Russia House by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dynamite Duke or Ganbare Goemon 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1989 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Tiffany (South Korean singer)
- Landry Allbright
- Madison Bumgarner: American baseball player.
- Tiffany (Stephanie Hwang): American-born South Korean singer (Girls' Generation).
- Mike Darlington: Entrepreneur.
- Victoria Azarenka: Athlete.
- Tiffany : Pop Singer.
- Tomoka Kurokawa: Japanese actress.
- MittyMoxx : YouTube Star.
- Jessica Williams: Comedian.
- Alexis Knapp: Actress.
- John Ogdon: Manchester, England -- Pianist / composer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- On Our Own (From "Ghostbusters II") - Bobby Brown
- Batdance (From "Batman") - Prince
- Kool Moe Dee - They Want Money
- Stephanie Mills - Something In The Way (You Make Me Feel)
- The System - Midnight Special
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- David Peaston - Two Wrongs (Don't Make It Right)
- Vesta - Congratulations
- LL Cool J - I'm That Type Of Guy
- Karyn White - Secret Rendezvous
Top #10 Latin songs
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Emmanuel - Quisiera
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- Orgullosa nena - Pablo Ruiz
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?