Saturday August 19, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lil Romeo and Sara Nuru.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx.
In UK Swing The Mood by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
Romero, directed by John Duigan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 688 Attack Sub or Gigandes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1989 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Lil Romeo: American rapper and actor.
- Sara Nuru
- John Connolly: American noted family, the son of John Connolly who was convicted of racketeering, obstruction of justice and lying to the FBI.
- Romeo Miller: American rapper and basketball player.
- Tadeusz Mazowiecki, elected 1st non-communist President of Poland
- Raid on offshore pirate station, Radio Caroline in North Sea by British and Dutch governments.
- Several hundred East Germans cross the frontier between Hungary and Austria during the Pan-European Picnic, part of the events which began the process of the Fall of the Berlin Wall.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Stephanie Mills - Something In The Way (You Make Me Feel)
- Babyface - It's No Crime
- David Peaston - Two Wrongs (Don't Make It Right)
- Batdance (From "Batman") - Prince
- Vesta - Congratulations
- The Isley Brothers - Spend The Night (Ce Soir)
- It Isn't, It Wasn't, It Ain't Never Gonna Be - Aretha Franklin/Whitney Houston
- My Fantasy (From "Do The Right Thing") - Teddy Riley Featuring Guy
- Eric Gable - Remember (The First Time)
- Jonathan Butler - Sarah, Sarah
Top #10 Latin songs
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- Emmanuel - Quisiera
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?