Wednesday 8 August 2007US date format: 8/8/2007, UK date format: 8/8/2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 8, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
Elite Squad, directed by José Padilha, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Judas Strain by James Rollins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Marimar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AstroMenace or Betty Boop's Double Shift.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 8 August 2007 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 August
- Joybubbles: A notable phone phreak.
- The Space Shuttle Endeavour is successfully launched on mission STS-118.
- An EF2 tornado touches down in Kings County and Richmond County, New York State, the most powerful tornado in New York to date and the first in Brooklyn since 1889.
- A British Army helicopter crashes near the Catterick Garrison army base in Yorkshire causing at least two deaths. (BBC)
- Tropical Storm Pabuk causes deadly landslides in the Philippines before hitting Taiwan causing power cuts. This comes after floods from another tropical storm kill 34 in central Vietnam. (Reuters via Washington Post)
- Street gunbattles continue for a third successive day in Port Harcourt, Nigeria as part of a criminal turf war. (Reuters via CNN)
- ''Endeavour'' lifts off from Kennedy Space Center for the STS-118 assembly mission of the International Space Station. (CNN)
- Nouri al-Maliki, the Prime Minister of Iraq, visits Iran to seek co-operation in reducing the level of violence. (AP via Forbes)
- Authorities tighten security on the site of the I-35W Mississippi River bridge collapse following the arrest of 16 people for trespass and hindering investigations. (CNN)
- Powers Fasteners, the company that supplied the epoxy blamed for the Big Dig ceiling collapse in Boston, Massachusetts is indicted on a manslaughter charge. (AP via the Guardian)
- A United States raid and air strike on a Shiite militant base in Sadr City results in 32 deaths. (New York Times)
- A third outbreak of foot and mouth disease has been discovered in southern England but a ban of sending animals to slaughter is lifted in most of the country. (Reuters via News Limited)
- Two fossils found in Kenya challenge existing views of human evolution by showing that ''Homo erectus'' and ''Homo habilis'' lived side by side in eastern Africa for half a million years. (New York Times)
- An earthquake with a magnitude of 7.4 hits Jakarta, Indonesia. (Sky)
- 2007 South Asian floods: Fresh round of floods hits Gujarat, India. People make trains at railway stations their homes in Bihar. Many places inaccessible by road or rail.
- In Germany the labour court of Nuremberg prohibited the strike prepared by the ''Gewerkschaft Deutscher Lokomotivführer'' (GDL), which was to be the largest in 15 years. According to the ''Deutsche Bahn'' train company, the strike was prohibited because of the heavy tribute which would have been paid by the national economy (BBC).
- Two people killed and several injured as a bomb hidden in a bicycle parked at a police station explodes at Jorhat, Assam, India
- The Pakistani government claims to have killed at least 10 pro-Taliban militants in North Waziristan. (BBC)
- China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region celebrates its 60th Anniversary. Chinese Vice-President Zeng Qinghong visits its capital, Hohhot, and participates in a series of large celebration events. (CCTV International)
- China sends investigators to investigate illegally-built government offices in 30 provinces. (ABC)
- The Reserve Bank of Australia raises interest rates to 6.5%, the highest level in Australia since 1996. (News Limited and AAP)
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- When I See U - Fantasia
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- Please Don't Go - Tank
- Bartender - T-Pain Featuring Akon
- Big Things Poppin' (Do It) - T.I.
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Olvidame Tu - Duelo
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Basta Ya - Conjunto Primavera
- No Te Veo - Casa De Leones
- Por Amarte Asi - Alacranes Musical
- A Ti Si Puedo Decirte - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- Te Voy A Perder - Alejandro Fernandez
- Gloria Estefan - No Llores
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Darpa’s director pushes for something more than killing machine technology. [..]
In the last month, the continuing decline in Boston Scientific’s stock price has made some Wall Street analysts look bad. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.96
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $118.02
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $74.07
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $48.89
- 1 CAD = 1.1408 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0311 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9034 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4369 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?