Sunday 13 August 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Olympe (singer) and Tomohawk1989 .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx.
In UK Swing The Mood by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
Uncle Buck, directed by John Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Talking God by Tony Hillerman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gigandes or Darius II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1989 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Olympe (singer)
- Allison Speed: YouTube Star.
- Tomohawk1989 : YouTube Star.
- Greg Draper: New Zealand footballer.
- Justin Greene: American basketball player.
- Israel Jiménez: Mexican footballer.
- 2 hot-air balloon crash at Alice Springs Australia, 13 killed
- 71st PGA Championship: Payne Stewart shoots 276 at Kemper Lakes Golf Club - Illinois
- US space shuttle STS-28 lands.
- P. W. Botha resigns as President of South Africa.
- The Sega Genesis is released in North America.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Batdance (From "Batman") - Prince
- Stephanie Mills - Something In The Way (You Make Me Feel)
- David Peaston - Two Wrongs (Don't Make It Right)
- On Our Own (From "Ghostbusters II") - Bobby Brown
- Kool Moe Dee - They Want Money
- Babyface - It's No Crime
- Vesta - Congratulations
- The Isley Brothers - Spend The Night (Ce Soir)
- It Isn't, It Wasn't, It Ain't Never Gonna Be - Aretha Franklin/Whitney Houston
- Heavy D & The Boyz - We Got Our Own Thang
Top #10 Latin songs
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Emmanuel - Quisiera
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?