Thursday January 31, 2019
US date format: 1/31/2019, UK date format: 31/1/2019
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 31, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
Kung Fu Masters 3, directed by Chi Tian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Dog Man: Brawl of the Wild by Dav Pilkey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lessons in Love.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 31, 2019?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- See more
- American singer Mariah Carey performs her concert in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, despite Saudi women's rights activists calling for her to cancel it. (ABC News)
- Kurdish-Iranian refugee Behrouz Boochani, incarcerated for nearly 6 years in the Australian-run Manus Regional Processing Centre, is awarded Australia's richest literary prize, the Victorian Prize for Literature and the Victorian Premier's Prize for Nonfiction. (BBC News)
- Italy's economy falls into recession for the third time in a decade after declining GDP growth in late 2018. Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte blames the recession on external factors, including trade tensions between the United States and China. (The Guardian)
- January 2019 North American cold wave: Several cities in the Midwestern United States and Eastern Canada reach record low temperatures for the third consecutive day as a polar vortex continues to affect the region. (The New York Times)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- As Chances of No-Deal Brexit Rise, British Companies Scramble to Prepare A lack of clarity over the terms of Britain’s looming departure from the European Union has British businesses stockpiling products and components, and delaying new investments. [..]
- Chip Giant Intel Picks Interim Leader as Permanent C.E.O. After Long Search Robert Swan takes the helm at a time when the Silicon Valley company is financially strong but facing questions about its future. [..]
- See all financial news of January 31, 2019