Sunday January 13, 2019
US date format: 1/13/2019, UK date format: 13/1/2019
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 13, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
Kung Fu Masters 3, directed by Chi Tian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Verses for the Dead by Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching American Style.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 13, 2019?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Syrian Civil War: The Syrian government and pro-government militants fire artillery into villages inside the Idlib de-escalation zone, killing one civilian and leaving two civilians injured. (AA)
- The Syrian government and pro-government militants fire artillery into villages inside the Idlib de-escalation zone, killing one civilian and leaving two civilians injured. (AA)
- British newspaper The Guardian switches from polythene wrappers to compostable material made from potato starch based on customer feedback. The paper said this packaging, which is biodegradable but cannot be recycled, increases operating costs. (BBC)
- An avalanche near the Austrian Lech am Arlberg ski resort kills three skiers and leaves a fourth missing. (NBC News) (BBC)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 13If January 13, 2019 is your birthday you're 1 year, 7 months, 2 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 4 months, 29 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Electric Vehicles Are in the Spotlight at Detroit’s 2019 Auto Show Automakers are rolling out models meant to widen the appeal of electric cars. But making it easier and faster to charge them is a crucial challenge. [..]
- Gin’s Journey in Britain, From ‘Mother’s Ruin’ to a Hipster Drink Sales of the British standby have soared so much that the country added it back to the basket of goods it uses to measure inflation. Now, distillers are looking to reach a global cocktail crowd. [..]
- See all financial news of January 13, 2019