Friday 8 July 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 8, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Give Me Everything by Pitbull.
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, directed by Zoya Akhtar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Bossypants by Tina Fey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sweet Home Alabama.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Amnesty – the game or Asphalt: Injection.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 July 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 8 July 2011 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 July
- Former First Lady Betty Ford, wife of former U.S. President Gerald R. Ford, dies at 93. (''USA Today'')
- A court in France announces a delay of an investigation into whether Christine Lagarde abused her authority as Finance Minister of that country. Lagarde is the new Director of the International Monetary Fund. (''The New York Times'')
- Tropical Storm Calvin forms off the Pacific coast of Mexico. (National Hurricane Centre)
- A Hewa Bora Boeing 727 airliner crashes in the Democratic Republic of the Congo killing 74 people. (Reuters)
- The United Nations Security Council discusses sending a peacekeeping force to the Republic of South Sudan when it becomes an independent nation tomorrow. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- ''News of the World'':
- The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron announces that a judge will lead an inquiry into the scandal. (BBC)
- A large protest with as many as a million people participating is planned for the Egyptian capital Cairo over perceived lack of progress since the 2011 Egyptian revolution. (Reuters)
- The Space Shuttle Atlantis lifts off for the final mission of the US Space Shuttle program. (NASA)
- London Olympics
- More tickets go on sale for the 2012 Summer Olympics in the United Kingdom in the ampquotsecond chanceampquot phase. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
Top #10 Latin songs
- You - Romeo Santos
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Prometi - Intocable
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- El Ardido - Larry Hernandez
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Ven Conmigo - Daddy Yankee Featuring Prince Royce
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Country Song - Seether
- You Are A Tourist - Death Cab For Cutie
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- Adolescents - Incubus
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Lies Of The Beautiful People - Sixx: A.M.
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- Rip Tide - Sick Puppies
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The acquisition of Gulf Stream Asset Management will bolster the private-equity giant’s loan management business. [..]
Pressure to cut the federal budget may outweigh support for the subsidies as consensus builds that the ethanol industry has achieved financial stability. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $42.44
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $105.24
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $90.50
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $36.13
- 1 CHF = 7.7252 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.7152 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8703 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.957 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?