Tuesday 4 June 1940US date format: 6/4/1940, UK date format: 4/6/1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 4, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Gerrit H Terpstra and Dorothy Rudd Moore.
The Mortal Storm, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1940 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Dorothy Rudd Moore: Composer.
- Gerrit H Terpstra: Economist / Dutch 2nd Chamber member...
- John Massis: Flemish strongman and teeth-acrobat.
- David Collings: English actor.
- Ludwig Schwarz: Slovak-Austrian bishop.
- 1st night game at Forbes Field (Pirates 14, Braves 2)
- British complete miracle of Dunkirk by evacuating 300,000 troops
- Winston Churchill says We shall fight on the seas & oceans
- German forces enter Paris, France.
- World War II: The Dunkirk evacuation ends : British forces complete evacuation of 300,000 troops from Dunkirk in France.