Saturday 8 June 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 8, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Boisserie and Graham Henry.
Anna and the King of Siam, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Serving Through Science.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1946 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Daniel Boisserie
- Graham Henry: New Zealand rugby player and coach.
- Dudley Fishburn: MP.
- Elizabeth A Lynn: United States -- Sci-fi author (Watchtower, Red Hawk).
- Alan Scarfe: British-born Canadian actor.
- Lute Song closes at Plymouth Theater NYC after 142 performances
- Sukarno calls for anti colonial defiance in Indonesia
- In Indonesia, Sukarno incites his supporters to fight Dutch colonial occupation.