Monday 8 April 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 8, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Catfish Hunter and Stuart Pankin.
Shoeshine, directed by Vittorio De Sica, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Der Augenzeuge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 April 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1946!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1946 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Catfish Hunter: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher who played with the Kansas City / Oakland Athletics (1965–1974) and the New York Yankees (1975–1979).
- Stuart Pankin: American actor.
- Robert Metcalfe: Inventor.
- Leon Krier: Architect.
- Stuart Pankin in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; comedian (Striptease, Congo, Earl - Dinosaurs).
- Tim Thomerson: American actor and producer.
- League of Nations assembles for last time
- The last meeting of the League of Nations, the precursor of the United Nations, is held.
- Electricite de France, the world's largest utility company, is formed as a result of the nationalisation of a number of electricity producers, transporters and distributors.