Monday October 08, 2007
US date format: 10/8/2007, UK date format: 8/10/2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 8, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
American Gangster, directed by Ridley Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Wheel Of Darkness by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Moonlight.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Namco Museum Remix or Dance! Online.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 08, 2007?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- See more
- U.S. athlete Marion Jones returns the five medals she won at the Sydney Olympics and accepts a two-year ban from the sport after admitting to her use of a prohibited substance. (Sydney Morning Herald)
- Australia suffers its first combat casualty in Afghanistan following the explosion of a bomb in the southern province of Orūzgān. (Canadian Press)
- Washington plane crash
- Air crews conduct search and rescue missions for an airplane carrying 8-10 passengers that is believed to have crashed in a mountainous area of the U.S. state of Washington 45 miles west of Yakima. (Reuters)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 08, 2007?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Sugababes - About You Now
- Ida Corr vs Fedde Le Grand - Let Me Think About It
- Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse - Valerie
- Shayne Ward - No U Hang Up / If That's Ok With You
- 50 Cent featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland - Ayo Technology
Top #10 R&B songs
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Alicia Keys - No One
- Soulja Boy Tell'em - Crank That (Soulja Boy)
- Plies Featuring T-Pain - Shawty
- Justin Timberlake Duet With Beyonce - Until The End Of Time
- Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim - Let It Go
- Musiq Soulchild - teachme
- Fantasia - When I See U
- Playaz Circle Featuring Lil Wayne - Duffle Bag Boy
- 50 Cent - I Get Money
Sport Games on October 08, 2007
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Freiburg : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Dijon - Nantes : 0 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- QPR - Norwich : 1 - 0
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Boavista - Belenenses : 2 - 4
- Pacos Ferreira - Est Amadora : 2 - 1
- Sp Braga - Nacional : 1 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 08If October 08, 2007 is your birthday you're 12 years, 11 months, 11 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 19 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2007?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Solving and Marketing Eternity (Again) Putting together a successful media plan to introduce a product has been likened to solving a puzzle. Now, to bring out a prize puzzle in the United States that has proved popular overseas, a toy company is proceeding initially without traditional... [..]
- Wall Street Journal to Add to Its Paying Conferences In a move to make money and spread its brand, The Wall Street Journal plans to expand its conference franchise to several gatherings a year. [..]
- See all financial news of October 08, 2007
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $90.60
- Apple AAPL: opens at $163.49
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $29.66
- General Electric GE: opens at $41.74
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $116.10
- 1 USD = 117.37 JPY
- 1 USD = 0.986 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.1854 CHF
- 1 USD = 7.5036 CNY
- 1 EUR = 164.99 JPY